Classic super-fast pudding made from Easter leftovers. You can made this as pikey or as classy as you like but WARNING TEAM!! it’s all about using decent custard.
- Chop some old Hot Cross Buns in half and butter the hell out of them.
- Lie them down, slightly overlapping in an oven-proof dish.
- Either spread them with marmalade OR grate the zest of one orange over them.
- Pour over hot custard. Shitloads of it – Leave for 15mins to soak up all the eggy goodness.
- Stand dish in a deep baking tray half filled with water.
- Put in oven for 45mins gas mark 3.
- Eat in one sitting and laugh at your gluttany.
A £2.00 pudding; and at only 7000 calories per serving, you can watch your waistline while you watch your wallet. Har dee har. 😦